3-Way Calling Functionality

When I start a call with Randy, I can see both me and Randy on my screen, and Randy can see both me and him on his screen.

When I add Susan to the call, now Randy can see himself and Susan, and Susan can see herself and Randy, but neither of them see me. I can see all three on my computer, but only one is large and the other two are thumbnails.

Is this by design?

Is there no way to resolve this?

Can we not all see all of us?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dr. Carpenter,

Yes you should be able to see both Randy and Susan in this example. And they should be able to see both you and the other person.

By design, the person who is speaking will take up the big portion of the screen and the other two will be thumbnails. If you click on a thumbnail of someone it will enlarge and be ‘pinned’ to the big portion of the screen.

Were they on mobile devices? I did get a report of mobile not switching like it should. We are looking into this and will provide a fix if it is a bug.

Dylan

Yes, they were on mobile devices. We have tested it with both Android, and iOS.

So you’re saying whoever is talking is supposed to take up the bigger portion? That didn’t even work on my desktop in the simulations.

Yes, that’s correct. Okay, thank you for letting us know. I’ll check it out and see what’s going on.

Dylan,

Have you received any feedback as to what the issue is, or a commitment date as to fixing it?

Looks like it is a bug. We’ve got it priortized with our next sprint. But we’ll try and get it out as quick as we can. In the meantime, if you need to see both people try on a desktop using the click thumbnail approach. And you should still be able to hear everybody.

Dylan,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that workaround doesn’t resolve the fact that the wife who is stateside and the husband who is deployed overseas can’t see or hear each other.

I don’t know what a “sprint” is. What does this mean in terms of days?

Thanks.

They can’t hear each other either?

A sprint last two weeks.

In some tests they were not able to hear each other either. Even if they could, while I don’t expect you to understand the specifics, there are major reasons they need to be able to see each other in the Telemedicine session. If not for that, we’d just conference calls.

So if a “sprint” is two weeks, just for clarification, are you saying this will be resolved by November 13th, two weeks from today?

If they can’t hear each other, that tells me something else is going on. Use the HELP button in your dashboard and schedule a time to meet with us so we can figure out what’s going on. If someone’s microphone isn’t working then it wouldn’t be able to switch people based on who is speaking.

And that is the goal!

Dylan,

For now, lets just talk about the broken 3-way calling function. If a “sprint” is two weeks, just for clarification, are you saying this will be resolved by November 13th, two weeks from yesterday?

Hi Dr. Carpenter, that’s our target! If for some reason something comes up we’ll update you here.

Awesome. Thank you.

Hi Dr. Carpenter, I just wanted to update that we update the website yesterday and we believe this should fix the issue.

One thing to note, is browser version will be important. Make sure you update to the latest version.

Also, we have additional plans to improve this group calling functionality in the coming weeks!

That’s great, Dylan! Thank you for the update. I will set up some patient sessions there to test it.

Dylan, just tried to use Doxy in a session where I needed to bring in one person on a video call, and could not make it work at all. I feel like part of this was on his side, however. He did load two different browsers though. Can you tell me what browsers are supported for, Android, iOS, Windows, and Apple desktop applications? Thanks in advance.

Dylan, just tried to use Doxy in a session where I needed to bring in one person on a video call, and could not make it work at all. I feel like part of this was on his side, however. He did load two different browsers though. Can you tell me what browsers are supported for, Android, iOS, Windows, and Apple desktop applications? Thanks in advance.