"Audio Problem"

Very commonly I will have a good visual and audio connection that after about 5 or 10 minutes: The 2-way video remains good and I continue to hear my patient well, but when I speak there is a crackling sound that corresponds exactly to the patient telling me that the audio on their end suddenly has severe static. This seems to happen very often and in situations where there appears to be good speed and bandwidth.
It is really becoming a big problem. Any ideas?

I had bad audio with one client yesterday. Her sound kept cutting out for me. I assumed it was poor internet connection her end. Whenever I’ve had clients with poor audio, I encourage them to move closer to their wi-fi router in their home. When they have been able to do so, it has made a big difference. Unfortunately this is not always possible when clients also need privacy from others in their home. Are you sure you have good speed and bandwidth in your own location? Test it and/or call your internet provider.

1 Like

I was unable to hear my patient. I tried restarting, changing microphone types, ending and restarting the call… HELP!! Any ideas/suggestions – I had to reschedule the appointment.

1 Like

same thing. Good connection then after 2 minutes I can no longer hear them

I’m also having this audio problem and it’s not due to WiFi signal.

I wish Dixy.me had better engineers to upgrade a platform that has seen the addition of a ton of providers in this pandemic.

Many times, I have to abandon Doxy and we then move to FaceTime which is flawless by comparison.

1 Like

I, too, am doing half my sessions via FaceTime on some days now. It is frustrating, and terribly unprofessional.

I just had the exact problem you described. The call began fine. Halfway through session, everytime I spoke, there was audio crackling/clicking/static sounds, both the client and I could hear the sounds, which made it very difficult for the client to discern what I was saying. The problem escalated til it was so bad, so we ended the session early.

Yeah—this has happened in up to about 30% of my telehealth sessions. Enough that I am looking for a different platform rather than Doxy. Interesting, however, so far it has not happened yet this week?

Thanks for the contact. (If you have a different program you think may be worth considering, please let me know!) Simple Practice has an all-in-one program that includes telehealth but also scheduling, billing, charting, & everything. More than I need but looks good for a solo practice just starting up with web-based practice.

I found another thread which identified the probable cause of the problem, seems to be a microphone feedback issue, which seems to pretty much only occur with clients who use iphones. Getting the client to use headphones has solved the problem for me. If the client doesn’t have headphones handy, the client logging out and then back in again (or else restarting the phone) can work for another 10-20 minutes before the problem starts up again.

So what’s the solution to improving the audio? Can anyone share whats worked well for you? My audio keeps cutting out, the call got disconnected.

I too am looking for a solution for audio issues. I have one client who uses a mac and the static is often unbearable at my end. It goes away when I speak but is constant otherwise. They cannot move to any other area. We both have restarted and done sound checks. It doesn’t change. Client says my voice is fine at their end, just a little softer.