Background Screen

Can we get a generic screen or generic screen options to use that would allow us to avoid using the background of our home or other location? I am a therapist and the director of a university counseling center, and staff have requested having a generic background option to make the session environment neutral and less personal. This feature is available in a variety of free videoconferencing platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams, so I hope it can be made available on doxy.me.

5 Likes

I would also appreciate the feature of having a generic background screen available to avoid exposing my home and personal setting.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out, in the future we would like to offer some selections to choose from (since we dont store any patient or provider data we would need to make these available unlike say zoom where you can upload and store pictures). But to at least have few generic options or a choice to softly blur the background would be good options for the provider vs the none now. I Made a ticket for this for my team to look into it and maybe we can have something to release by the fall or sooner. but thanks for reach out!!

4 Likes

Hi Colin,

That’s great news! My staff and trainees can really benefit from that feature. I wasn’t interested in the upload a picture feature. I look forward to hearing more about when the generic background screen feature is available. Thank you!

It would be so helpful to have just a few generic options. I can’t imagine that it would be too difficult for your IT people. They could check out what’s available on Microsoft Teams and Zoom. This would make doxy.me much better.

1 Like

Agree with all the above. It seems like the option to set a background from an uploaded image is available on the clinic plan. It is very easy to set this up in, for example, Zoom. How about extending this perk to us solo professional users?

Are there ANY virtual background programs/sites that WILL work with doxy.me professional version? I just got a green screen and am now finding out that I can’t use the backgrounds I downloaded. This is a much needed feature.

1 Like

:+1: looking forward to that feature. Being able to use our own unique background still better!

Zoom allows this feature as part of their unpaid service plan. Hope Doxy will do the same!