BCBS retracts payment for bad audio

I recently had a patient who had trouble hearing me, although I could hear and see him fine. After, multiple attempts and reconnections he logged off and never logged back on. I spent about 30 minutes trying to make the call work and was able to discuss several clinical problems with him and make a referral. Today I got a call from BCBS saying they were retracting the payment for the visit because the patient called and said he had problems hearing me. I doubt there is anything that can be done about this, but folks need to be watchful when patients complain about the quality of the call. I’m participating with BCBS and don’t want to get into a dispute with them or the patient over one visit, but I hope this is not a trend.

Hi Dr. Niemeier,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’d like to get more information on the retraction and help develop a plan of action for you. I’ll be following up with you via email to collect more details and look forward to getting you a positive outcome!

Stay Well,
Rebecca

Rebecca Dean, MHA, CCSM
Policy Advisor | Certified Customer Success Manager

1 Like

At times there are lapses from the time I make a statement until the time they hear it.