Camera unavailable

When I log in, I’m told that a camera can not be captured; however, the camera appears to be working fine in Photo Booth, so I don’t understand.

Does anyone have suggestions?

At the bottom of the doxy.me website there is a help bubble where you can chat with live tech support. They are super helpful! Best of luck

It might be a permission issue at either the browser level or the operating system leave. See this article for more information: https://help.doxy.me/en/articles/2350624-my-patient-can-t-see-me

But basically ensure in your browser settings you’ve allowed access. And then again in the operating system’s privacy/security settings you’ve allowed the browser to have access to your camera/microphone.

That happened to me recently, and I had been confused because I knew I allowed permission on my Internet Browser for the camera. When I dug deeper into my new laptop’s computer system itself, sure enough, I had to allow access there too. I think it was somewhere in the Control Panel and then in Hardware and Devices near where you’d set up mouse and monitors. I just looked through the built in camera settings and toggled one change to get it to work. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you for posting this! Do you know which change your happened to make? Would love to add this to our help articles if it helped you.

I believe it was the Allow Apps to Access Your Camera toggle switch. I’m assuming that everyone’s computer is different, but if you can find the Privacy Settings for your Camera somewhere within the computer’s “Devices” section, then there should be a setting like that available. Thanks!

1 Like