Changing the email from which you send invitations to patients

Many providers have a work email that is separate from their personal email, and do not want to send invitations to their patients from the personal one. Email invites are not automatically sent from the email address on your doxy.me account. But it is easy to make sure you are sending from the correct email address.

There are three ways to send email invites to patients right from your dashboard: Send an email via doxy.me (available to premium users); send one from your computer’s email application; or send one from your preferred web service:

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 18.26.14

The invitations sent from doxy.me will, of course, be sent from doxy.me, this cannot be changed. However, when sending them via one of the two other methods, you can send them from whichever email address you wish, not only from the email address attached to your doxy.me account.

If you choose to send from Gmail, for instance, it will open Gmail in a new browser window; if you are already logged into a Gmail account, that is the address it will send from, unless you log out and change accounts. Likewise, opting to send from your desktop email client will open a window to compose a new message from whatever email account you are logged into in the desktop client.

I would like to make “Send from Doxy.me” the default option, but haven’t found the trick to doing this. Any advice?

1 Like

Hi, The send from Doxy.me email is only available to paid plans. We do offer sending from web based email or the default email on the device, which you would need to set up based on your type of device.

I have a monthly paid subscription. See the attached screenshot png with such designation in upper left corner.

OK, thanks for the details. I’m not sure I can make it only choose from Doxy.me and not offer the other means to send emails. But do let me discuss this with my team and see if there is a trick to making Doxy.me mail default in a sense.

Great - not a huge problem. It’s just that the only way I contact my patients is directly from the program.