Closed Caption Accessibility

Hi, I have two deaf clients. I am requesting a closed caption option. Can you create this as an option, when we were in the office this wasn’t needed as much but is definitely needed now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, I requested this for the provider’s end. Please let me know if you get any traction on this.

Thanks

1 Like

I just had a virtual session with a client who has severe hearing loss and wears hearing aids. She relies heavily in lip reading, which was not very effective. Could we get a closed captioning feature to assist our hearing disabled clients ?

1 Like

I also have requested and am hoping Doxy will add a closed captioning feature. There could be multiple ways to include this such as collaborating with a captioning service as an option or at minimum, at least, providing Auto captioning for telehealth visits. Any steps to supply captioning would be a much appreciated effort to increase accessibility. Given that Doxy’s providing a very helpful service to the health care community, it would be exciting to see their services augmented this way.
Plus it would honor their mission statement to make telemedicine available to ALL (from Doxy mission statement) “By making Doxy.me free, we support our mission to make telemedicine available to all.”
The more users who share this request, the more likely a response will occur.
Hoping we can help ensure adequate access for our patients with Doxy’s support.
Thank you Doxy for considering this need!

I am a clinician and use Doxy for telehealth. I have clients that for a range of reasons would benefit from captioning of our interaction. (for Deaf/ Hard of Hearing/ second language/ noise interruptions.) I hope Doxy can pursue captioning to make this much appreciated service more accessible to all! Thank you.

” I am a clinician and use Doxy for telehealth. I have clients that for a range of reasons would benefit from captioning of our interaction. (for Deaf/ Hard of Hearing/ second language/ noise interruptions.) I hope Doxy can pursue captioning to make this much appreciated service more accessible to all! Thank you.”

There have been about 3 feeds about closed captioning. Google Meetup uses some type of software to utilize, although it’s not HIPPA compliant. Doxy, perhaps you can use a similar format/program on your HIPPA compliant platform to ensure accessibility as you have said you want all to have access.

1 Like

The recent update info talked about browser extensions.
No mention of captioning was included. It may well be that the largest way to increase accessibility of your platform would be to provide captioning as it would benefit anyone with some hearing loss, D/deaf community, and second language patients. Please directly address this on your platform.
Your mission statement and your update share your dedication to making this platform accessible to ALL. Currently there is a huge gap in the truth of those statements.
Thank you.