Disturbing item in Terms of Service

Hi,

The product looks great, but there is a potentially show-stopping section in your terms of service: “Doxy me shall have a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Provider Content however Doxy me desires, including without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such Provider Content and/or incorporate such Provider Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world. Doxy.me is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Provider Content in confidence; (2) to pay to you any compensation for any Provider Content; or (3) to respond to any Provider Content.”

Do these terms only apply to the free service and are they different for paid services? This could potentially be a non-starter for clients that want to be able to post confidential items to patients and treat patients with confidentiality.

Please explain how you might intend to use the content that providers post. Thanks so much!

cheers,
jamie

Our jaw dropped at that one, too, but then decided to use the kiosk function in our EHR software for all forms and other confidential information, and only use Doxy for the video session. We saw no difference between the free and paid ToS.

Thanks, Mike; we’re having similar thoughts if we end up using this technology. Definitely curious as to doxy’s thoughts and intentions. I can see how it could be useful for them in future AI-driven telehealth or for repurposing user-created content as paid templates for future users, but current users should think long and hard before putting up their proprietary content.

Hi all, this issue is being address as we speak. The only information Doxy.me knows is the information you upload as a provider: email, name, etc etc. But then there is information you upload to the waiting room. All we intended by this statement was to allow us to host that information you upload to the waiting room. We do not claim ownership of content you use to provide care to your patient or anything of the sort. We just mean you’ve uploaded content to the waiting room, and you’ve given us permission to host that by doing so.

We will address this in the coming week or two and I will publish a new TOS that doesn’t have such language.

4 Likes

Thanks, Dylan, I appreciate the clarification and look forward to the new ToS!

Hello, for now the link is not working, we will turn it off then? Or we connect it to our practice TOS somehow?