Doxy.me product update: Improvements to digital video performance and backstage technical elements
Hi, doxy.me community! This release sees improvements in the way we handle digital video, resulting in easier processing on many mobile devices. We also made some technical changes behind the scenes.
As of Tuesday, November 17, the following updates were made to the platform.
Call Experience Improvements
- We updated the software that decompresses and compresses digital video, which decreases CPU use by 30-35% on mobile devices. Mobile devices will not have to work as hard when running video and will be less likely to overheat.
- The camera no longer freezes on iPhone 7 after a patient checks in.
- Providers can now reconnect their camera or microphone if they disable it in the middle of a call.
- Requests for camera and microphone access were sometimes causing a black preview screen. The camera and microphone can now be accessed correctly.
- We upgraded to the latest version of TokBox, doxy.me’s third-party video provider.
Be sure to check out previous updates if you missed them. And subscribe to our product updates forum by clicking on the bell icon in the top right corner to be notified anytime we post news here!
- October 20, 2020: Automatic call reconnection, email subject lines, and security improvements
- October 2, 2020: Send invites in different languages, custom login text, change currency for payment
- September 8, 2020: Teleconsent rollout, room passcodes, audio only call fix
- August 23, 2020: iPhone fixes, connection quality news, waiting room updates
- August 10, 2020: Customized waiting room improvements, bug fixes and more helpful dropped call notifications
- July 24, 2020: Patient consent verification for SMS invites