Doxy.me product update: Improvements to video experience, a localization feature, confidentiality improvements, and a way to export information about your clinic

Hi, doxy.me community! This release contains several improvements to your video experience, localized URL language, improved patient confidentiality, and a way to export Clinic users and roles.

As of Thursday, December 17, the following updates were made to the platform.

Call Experience Improvements

• You can now switch to low-definition video on iOS devices whenever your iOS device supports this ability.
  • The person who is currently speaking is now the active window in a group call every time.
  • To protect patient confidentiality while screen sharing, the patient queue will no longer show patient names or avatars. Rather, that information will be replaced with placeholder information (e.g., “Patient 1”).
  • All notifications will now include only the first name (or word) that a patient provides during check-in. For example, if John Simmons checks in, the notification will only contain the name “John” in the message.

Other Improvements

• When you send your patient an email or text invitation in Spanish or Portuguese, your waiting room link in the invitation will be localized.
  • Clinic admins and owners can now export a list of users and their roles (in CSV format) using the Export User button (Account settings -> Clinic settings -> Manage users). The list contains the first and last names of all Clinic members, as well as email addresses, room URLs, statuses, and dates they joined the clinic.

Be sure to check out previous updates if you missed them. And subscribe to our product updates forum by clicking on the bell icon in the top right corner to be notified anytime we post news here!

2 Likes

We have 2 complaints about this new update:

1. Patients are immediately removed from the waiting room when the call starts (in the past not removed until the call was done) - so my front office staff now doesn’t know if I’m in a call with a patient or for how long.

2. The “history” button is now useless! Without a patient name or info, no way to track anything! You should at least give us the option of tracking here - eg let us turn on or off (no one has access accept those in the office who already have HIPPA clearance anyway) - or recommend/ask patients to use first names only

Please address both of these issues - has created a pain and hardship in our office!

Brad Drexler

I haven’t noticed the first issue – last use was 12/26 – and like seeing how long the person has been waiting, as well as how long the session has been.

I agree with the need for the second issue; otherwise history/tracking is useless.

Excellent about the ability to export the clinic users. ** What would really be helpful is to include the Last Login Date- that is actually more important than the join date.
I also agree about the history usage- and being able to export this or see it in a dashboard, rather than looking at each user is important in a clinic to monitor usage and reconcile with billing.

1 Like

Agreed–Last Login Date (and even full Timestamp) would be extremely helpful from both an administrative and security perspective.