Doxy.me product update: Net performance indicator on mobile devices, import the image from your LinkedIn profile, and select date ranges on the Analytics page

Hi, doxy.me community! This release includes the net performance indicator on mobile devices, you can now import the image from your LinkedIn profile, and a message was changed to accommodate patient needs.

As of Tuesday, March 9th, the following updates were made to the platform.

Call Experience Improvements

• The net performance indicator is now available for mobile devices. The indicator displays connection strength, bandwidth, and packet loss.

User Experience Improvements

• Providers can now import the image from their LinkedIn profile to use for their doxy.me profile photo.

linkedin photo

• The message patients see when a provider hangs up a call was changed from “You were removed from the waiting room” to “Your call has ended. Enjoy your day.” We did this in response to learning that some patients with trauma history were having an unpleasant emotional response to the previous message.
  • On the Analytics page, providers can now select the date ranges for total sessions, session minutes, and average session time.
  • Clinic Admins now have the ability to disable social media authentication on their Clinic login page.

Also, we limited the number of shared rooms for providers to 197. To improve performance, we recommend having fewer than 50 shared rooms for each provider.

Be sure to check out previous updates if you missed them. And subscribe to our product updates forum by clicking on the bell icon in the right-hand margin to be notified anytime we post news here!

2 Likes

With regard to the net performance indicator - does it display my connection strength, bandwidth or the person I am speaking to? Also, what is packet loss?

Great questions! The performance indicator displays connection strength, bandwidth and packet loss.

Data on the internet travels in the form of small packets of information. As data travels between patient and provider during a call, it data may get lost along the way! Since doxy.me doesn’t typically host the call on any server, it relies on the providers device to host a call. We call this peer-to-peer calling.

Why packet loss occurs:

• Hardware capacity and bottlenecks: On the Provider side the brunt of the connection and processing occurs and this is often where we find improvements can make a significant difference.
  • Network congestion: Think of this as data traffic jams. Because of the nature of peer-to-peer calling, having a network that operates below maximum capacity can ensure stability throughout the working day!
  • Bugs in network devices: This is why keeping devices and browsers up to date is crucial! Automatic updates will help keep things in ship-shape.
  • Damaged hardware: If your network infrastructure is older, this can be an issue. Be sure to update your network modems as much as you do your devices!
  • Insufficient Hardware: Relating back to network congestion, not having the right hardware for the job can create issues. Although doxy.me works on any device, larger group networks need to be managed correctly to process larger amounts of data with greater efficiency. In other words, your hardware must have the capacity to cope with the network traffic occurring at your home or office.

See our network configurations article for best practices and contact our support team for more specific help!

Thanks so much for the additional information! Just one last clarification, when I am looking at the performance indicator on my screen is that referencing my device’s performance or the patient’s divice performance?

It refers to both – it’s an indicator of the strength of the signal as the call progresses, not on your side or the patient’s side.