Doxy.me product update: New Clinic landing page tool, group call improvement, and more!

Hi everyone, I’m here with another update from the doxy.me developers, who have as always been working to improve the platform based on the feedback and suggestions of our users. Early Thursday morning, we rolled out some big changes relevant to all users:

Clinic updates

• A very widely requested change: Clinic admins can now hide individual waiting rooms from the landing page dropdown menu. They can do this by going to their Clinic Settings tab and expanding a new section named “Clinic landing page.”

• Providers can now preview a teleconsent document before sending it to their patient while in a call.

Premium feature improvements

• Another very popular request: In group calls, the person speaking will now automatically become the largest video feed.
  • When providers send an email invite to a patient via doxy.me, the passcode will now be included in the email if they have one activated for their waiting room.

General platform improvements

• The text chat box will now automatically disappear if it is empty when a patient leaves the waiting room. If the chat box contains text, it will not disappear; we leave it there until the provider manually refreshes the page to ensure they have time to copy the contents to their notes, if they wish.
  • Running the new pre-call test tool will no longer prevent a call from starting, an issue a few users had reported.
  • We also made some small improvements to the layout of a few screens to make them easier to navigate.

We mean it when we say the feedback of our users is a vital part of our process, so please be sure to head to the Feature Requests Forum and let our developers know what you’d like to see next. Even if somebody has already made the suggestion - more likes or replies to those posts influences how we prioritize things. So keep it coming!

Also, be sure to check out previous updates if you missed them. And subscribe to updates to our product updates forum by clicking on the bell icon in the top right corner to be notified anytime we post news here!

4 Likes

How do i get the product updates? Do they automatically happen?

1 Like

I work with couples. Is there a way to reduce the size of my self photo or, better, to pause it?

When we make updates to the platform, they are automatically incorporated into your experience. You might have to refresh the page or log out and back in though.

You can hide the video feed of yourself by hovering over the image, clicking on the here dots that appear, and selecting “hide my preview” from the menu. Note that the other participants in the call will still be able to see you.

How do you do this? I don’t see any added functionality or buttons to trigger this. Thanks in advance.

that’s interesting because when I tried that the pts said they could no longer see me

Hi Erin. Once in a call with a patient, if you click on the Teleconsent tool, this menu will pop up:

I happen to have taken a screenshot from an account that doesn’t have a teleconsent form added, but there will be a button under preview that you can click on if there is a form there.

Good morning, Adam! Since the July 2nd update, we have experienced some issues with the Chat functionality. When in the middle of typing a message to a patient, the chatbox frequently reverts to the person on top of the Patient Queue mid-message. Then, the existing chat box slides down and closes.
This appears to happen when someone new enters the shared room.

We have also experienced issues where the provider on an active call with a patient and has a different patient’s name from the shared room appear in the chat box.

Any ideas what might be causing these types of issues? They have occurred for users of Google Chrome version 80.0.3987.149 (64-bit) and Version 81.0.4044.113 (64-bit).

Thanks in advance for taking a look!