Dropped calls on iPad

In past 3-weeks all calls are dropping after about 20 min. It only happens on my iPad and it happens with Chrome or Safari. I am able to reconnect right away. When this happens, Doxy closes and the browser closes as well. What’s going on?

1 Like

Thank you for posting, @drsolomon2. We have been trying to troubleshoot this issue with a few other users that have reported it. Could you write in to our support team via chat (located in the bottom right of your dashboard) or via email (support@doxy.me) with your device and browser versions, dates and times (with time zone) that you have experienced the issue, and any other information you think might be helpful? Then we can help try to get to the bottom of this.

Any update? This continues to happen for me as well both on ipad and iphone. I’ll need to switch platforms if not resolved soon. Thanks.

Thank you for commenting, @skchicago. Please write in to our support team via chat (located in the bottom right of your dashboard) or via email (support@doxy.me) with your device and browser versions, dates and times (with time zone) that you have experienced the issue, and any other information you think might be helpful. The more specific calls we can analyze where this issue has occurred, the more likely it is we can identify and resolve the root cause.

Cullen…I am really seeing over and over again whereby clinicians are complaining about calls dropping etc…and the doxy representatives only telling the clinician to send in a ticket. At the end of the day a clinician cares about: the quality of the call. Ultimately, if you are getting repeated issues about quality, please give a better answer than to tell the clinician to send in another ticket. In the past 3 days, doxy has been awful re: connectivity. I’ve called my internet provider and there are no issues there. I have 3 Mac devices, and doxy has failed with all 3 devices, so it is not an issues with my hardware. Clearly, given the complaints, there is an issue that you and your team are not resolving.

Thank you for your comment, @gershon. We do understand that there is an issue that has not been resolved. We need the details of calls so that we can try to isolate the cause of that issue that we need to fix. We have been trying to reproduce the issue ourselves and with providers who say they have experienced the issue, but have been unable to reproduce it. If you have availability to test with our team so we can reproduce the issue while you’re on one of those Mac devices, we would love to set that up.

I’m having the exact same dropped call issue. I’m using a 4th generation IPad Air. Browser closes and doxy closes. 30-40 minutes into a call.
I’ve tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox with identical results. It’s been happening for 2 weeks. I’m surprised that no one at doxy is aware of this yet.
Please advise.

Mark Carney

Thank you for your comment, @markcarney. We are indeed aware of the issue as I have commented above, but have had difficulty trying to reproduce it with providers so we can determine the root cause that we need to solve.

If you or anyone else who is experiencing this issue has availability to test with us, so we can see exactly what happens as it happens, please reach out to me at cullen.kavanagh@doxy.me. We are having trouble being able to reproduce this issue with those providers we have tested with so far. We have been trying to find the root cause of this issue so we can fix it, but have been unable to because of our inability to reproduce it.

Alternatively, if you have any data logs from the device you were on from the time that the call crashed, you can also send those over to me which would hopefully help us pinpoint the issue.