Dropped Connections

Having trouble with keeping connection. Video sessions dropped for past week.

1 Like

Having the same problem if a client is using their phone.

1 Like

Having the same problem today. Was a minor problem last week. Happened on EVERY SINGLE CALL TODAY. Checked my speed and internet connection - all good. I am having a hard time believing that my clients all had connection issues. It seems like the Doxy.me servers are overwhelmed.

1 Like

I’m having constant problems with Doxy, now. My end is fine, I do the test and everything is working great. But it doesn’t work on their end. When I switch to another program it works fine. Is there something I need to be telling them to use or not to use? Most people use their phones.

We have this issue constantly. I’d say at least half of calls drop within the first minute. Then it works usually. But maybe 20-30% of the time it keeps dropping connection and it doesn’t work. It’s always someone on a phone. Doxy blames their connection, but magically Google Meet works absolutely fine.

1 Like

My sessions get an interruption that is like a delay, in which the voice is out of synch and the sound and image are choppy and stop for a few seconds. It happens with EVERY SESSION about 30-40 minutes into every session, and all are from computers both ways, no one is geographically far from me either. Checked speed of internet and it is fine.
Also, Doxy makes my computer overheat. Unlike Zoom it doesn’t have it’s own app to download and it runs off the browser. Doesn’t matter if i use Safari, Chrome or Firefox, my computer gets very hot.
I second the person who asked Doxy to make a FAQs page. I hope like Doxy will update their program so these problems don’t persist. As one person said, Google Meet doesn’t have these problems. I’ve heard that Zoom uses local servers which helps it run better. Doxy-- I hope you are listening.

The same thing keeps happening to me. I wondering what others have done. I want to continue using the HIPPA level of encryption, which is why I got Doxy.me, but the tiling is frustrating. Also, clients video streams are like individual photos and their is no syncing between the photo of the client and what they are saying. Doxy.me says they can use any device. This has occurred mostly when my clients use their phones, but today it happened with someone using a laptop.