Getting to know Brandon

Hey, I’m Brandon. I’m the crazy dude who came up with the idea for a free telemedicine app. But I can talk about that in another post, this post is about me.

Where I’ve lived
I grew up in upstate New York, but bounced around the US (Salt Lake City, UT; Tacama, WA; Washington, DC; New Orleans, LA; St. Petersberg, FL) for 13 years before settling into my current home of Charleston, SC. I absolutely love living here, you should come visit and stay at my house (i Airbnb a room).

My education and work
I received a Masters in Human Genetics from Tulane University and a PhD in Biomedical Informatics from the University of Utah. I’m now an Assistant Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina where I get paid to create other cool and useful apps, primarly focusing on apps for genetics. I created another website ItRunsInMyFamily.com that uses social networking to help families share health information to help identify cancer that runs in their family.

My family and hobbies
I have young 2 boys (5 & 3) and a yellow lab puppy named Love. We all enjoy going on evening walks (err adventures) and playing Lego Star Wars together on the PS3. I also enjoy building homemade furniture in my garage, I’ll post some brag pics soon.

Funny fact about me
When I was an undergrad student at the University of Utah, I was the school mascot “Swoop”. Yeah, i even got the same athletic scholarship that the starting QB got! It was a fun experience.

Ok, now it’s your turn to ask me anything! All questions welcome!