iPhone users unable to share camera and mic still

is anyone else having ongoing problems with iPhone users not being able to give the webpage access to their camera and mic? it’s an intermittent issue for us. the last pt that had problems was using an iPhone XR, was on the latest version of iOS, and was using Safari. In the past, I have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed in the help articles and still been unable to assist Pts with their visits. it’s almost like there’s no fix but i can’t believe that is true. basically, in the cases i have been a part of, either Pts with iPhones can connect properly or not at all, there’s no in-between or settings change that helps.

When using Chrome, I have tried to use my iPhone this week to log in for sessions and the log in page doesn’t even appear for me, it is a totally blank page. I am able to login and have video session using Safari but the sound is totally inaudible, machine gun sounds. Needed to stop trying and just telephone the client.

I do. I can’t find what to do. And does anyone know how you get a live message or do a live chat.

so, very minor follow-up to this. just today we had a pt who had the same issues of their iPhone not granting use of camera and mic even after toggling in settings. They decided to reschedule their visit but then decided about 30 minutes later they could make it work, so then when they logged back in their phone worked properly. wondering if there is a session refresh time or a wait time that has to pass once you change the security settings? just thinking out loud.

I continue to have difficulty with iPhone users accessing video/audio. I can hear and see them, but they can’t see me. I’m guessing it has something to do with Apple requiring permissions, but clients aren’t finding a way to allow access.

@blueridgecounseling -
Do you have your clients do a pre-call test first? This helped us in the past.
https://doxy.me/precall-test/

Do you provide your clients with a Patient Flyer? This also helps, and available in multiple languages:
Check-in Flyer for Patients | Doxy.me Help Center

Have you helped patients with settings in Safari?
Allow Access to Camera in Safari (Mobile/Tablet) | Doxy.me Help Center

yes, this continues to be an ongoing problem for us. i firmly believe that it is on the software/security side of iOS and has little to do with Doxy. i have literally spent up to 30 minutes on calls with pts before trying to help them adjust settings to allow their camera and mic and sometimes nothing helps, their camera and mic stay off, and sometimes even though they’ve changed their settings to allow access or allow always, then force closing their browser and rejoining the call. in rare cases, the pre-call test will trigger access but these cases are something like 1-5, maybe. gotta love iPhone security!

I’ve done the first 2, but haven’t ever seen the instructions. I’ll see if that helps.