Keyboard clicking during session

I have been using Doxy a lot for a couple of months now. With one client, when we talk it sounds like a keyboard is clicking in the background when I talk. The client is also able to hear the sound. My client thought she could hear a voice in the background as well. We ended up switching over to our phone to talk because the sound is distracting and it feels like there is interference with the call. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I only have an issue when I conduct sessions with this client.

Thank you!

I have had the same experience.
We are becoming uncomfortable that sessions are no longer private and encrypted.

Same experience here, happens with multiple clients, usually a few minutes in to the session. Only happens when one of us talking, sounds like someone typing the background. No voices, but does seem like someone is eavesdropping. Any resolution to this Doxy.me?

Hi There,

The issue of hearing this clicking sound may be directly related to an elevated Latency (packet loss) where regardless of a great download and upload speed, you may have packet loss due to network congestion and one of the results is a clicking sound, others get an echo or robotic voice bc the audio sound is missing packets of info and gives off those weird sounds (it also could be someone physically typing and the mic is very close to the keyboard, but thats probably not the case). Can you or the patient test your network speeds here, would like to see latency under 100 ms, even better under 50ms and as close to 1 as possible. Speed Test by Measurement Lab

this article offers some tips to reduce packet loss:
How to Reduce Packet Loss

Wondering how to reduce packet loss? Before we get into options for a packet loss fix, it’s worth it to say there’s no way to completely stop packet loss. Zero percent packet loss is unachievable because the things causing it, like network issues, too many users, or an overloaded system, are bound to pop up. Any solutions recommended here or elsewhere are ways to help fix the problem after the fact, not prevent them from occurring.

But there are some tried-and-true methods you can try on your own to fix high packet loss.

1. Check your connections: First, get rid of the obvious options. Make sure your cables and ports are plugged incorrectly.
  2. Restart your system: If you haven’t turned off your system routers or hardware in a while, now is the time. This might give your network the jumpstart it needs to fix any tiny glitches or bugs.
  3. Try cable connections instead of Wi-Fi : Since everything is connected by Wi-Fi nowadays, packets are more likely to get lost. Using an Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi can help move things along. A fiber-optic connection is even better.
  4. Remove anything capable of causing static: Cut off surrounding cameras, devices using Bluetooth, wireless speakers, and headphones. You also might want to temporarily shut down your firewall since it uses a lot of bandwidth, and you shouldn’t be running more than one firewall program at a time.
  5. Update your software: It’s time to stop putting off your software updates. An up-to-date operating system is less likely to have bugs, which inevitably leads to fewer opportunities for packet loss.
  6. Replace out-of-date hardware: The same concept applies to your network infrastructure. Take some time to make sure your hardware is in good shape.
  7. Use QoS settings: Quality of Service (QoS) settings help you manage packet loss by triaging your network resources accordingly. This is especially important if your network transmits resource-intensive data like streamed content, online games, video calls, or VoIP. QoS settings will devote more network traffic to the places that need it.