Low Sound in the beginning of call

In the last couple of weeks, clients have complained that they have difficulty hearing me when we start the session. They will identify that they have the sound all the way up to start. At some point in the session the sound will go to normal level and they have to turn their sound down. Today’s session did not improve until almost the end of the session. It has not been a problem until recently.

1 Like

I have had the same issue over the past few weeks, but only with Apple products, even if they are using Chrome.

Thanks for the post, @bonniekellogg! We looked into your call this morning that happened around the time of the post and it looks like the speeds on your side of the call were lower than we would like to see for a successful call. This factor could have contributed to the audio issues you’re experiencing. Do you have some other dates and times over the last couple of weeks where you experienced poor audio quality that we can look into to try to determine if this is the cause?

You can also measure your internet speed here. We recommend at least 300 - 400 kbps, but 2 mbps or higher is best. There are a few things you can do to improve your internet speed as well which are reviewed in this article.

I have had this issue twice, but both times with the same client, so maybe their speeds aren’t up to scratch.

I had low volume (on my end, i.e., the client’s voice was low) at the start of a call just yesterday (11:30 am Friday June 18); I never had this problem with this client before. We logged out and restarted and it worked fine.

Today my sound was much better, but in the 2 calls I had the whole page shut down. With one it came back up, but with the other I had to start the page again. I have never had that happen before. Professionally it is very frustrating to have both the sound and page shut down happen. I am depending on this service to enable me to complete an uninterrupted session.