Meeting History improvements

I would like to see more information in the Meeting History, and would like to be able to download a CSV file for further analysis.

In the Meeting History, it currently shows the following:
Date, Start Time, End Time and Duration.

I would like the following added for each call:
Device Type, OS, Browser, Signal Strength (if available), # of Call Quality Stars (user entered) and Additional Details about Call Quality (user entered).

I think this would be very valuable information for clients who are trying to track the quality, and make recommendations for their patients.

If we could track this information, we could learn if quality is truly affected by the time of day, or by the device. We could select the number of stars for each call, and add notes about problems (clicking sound detected, choppy video, 2015 Android phone, etc). With enough data, we could really start advising our patients better.

We would really want the ability to download this information in a csv file, so we could perform an analysis on it. (average iPhone session: 4.3 stars; average Android session 3.7 stars)

Doxy would benefit as well, as more users would use the call feedback feature if we could read it later.

6 Likes

This is great feedback, thank you. We are working on our roadmap now and have ideas like this on it. We will communicate updates here as we have them.

Are there any updates on this? It would be great to have more information on the connection details of our providers.