Microphone is not working

Hi- my clients can’t hear me, and checked all my microphone settings and know that they’re in order. I’ve also done some of the things recommended in your help center, but the microphone with this app still isn’t working. Can someone from technical support call me (A human, please) and maybe take over my dashboard so they can discover what’s going on?? I’d really appreciate it!

I’m having the exact same problem as “rkconnections” has. Can someone please help!

What kind of microphone are you both using?

Adam, When responding to a question like this you should probably assume it is the default speaker/microphone in the person’s computer. I would suggest that you can still ask the question of “what kind of microphone are you using” but then follow-up with “if by chance you are using the default microphone then you should do the following…” You should assume that the vast majority of your customers know little or nothing about technology.

1 Like

If I’m assuming they know nothing about subject, then hitting them with a bunch of info that might not even be relevant to them seems like a good way to lose them.

I could pile in tons of info, and hope they have the patience to read it all and find the bits that are relevant to them, or I can ask and then give them the bits I thus know are relevant to them.

If I took your approach, I might as well respond to every single help-seeking post on this forum with a generic link to our help center. It’s not very likely to lead to results, though. The person who started the post already said she checked out our help center and thus has followed any advice I might give according to your school of thought.

1 Like

Hi - my microphone is the inbuilt one in the computer- output microphone is speakers/ headphones (Realtek), and output is microphone (Realtek Audio)

My mike actually started working again- No idea what I did- but having discussed it with the tech team who have been responsive to me via the dashboard and on email, I think I may need higher broadband. Does that make sense?

Also, my operating system is Windows Edge

There are a whole lot of things that could cause problems like this. If that’s what the support people in the platform recommended, then I guess that is a good start. Could also be issues with permissions, restarting the computer would usually help resolve that.

Glad it’s working now, in any case. :slight_smile:

Yes ty- I think I have to call my ISP for the broadband. I did turn the computer off and on, and I updated the drivers…whatever I could do and whatever the help center suggested.

My microphone stops working mid session, so I know the computer is set up correctly and all of a sudden my client does not hear me. It is very frustrating and I can not seem to find a person to help. I restart call but that does not always solve the problem, any other advice appreciated

Hello
I am having sound issues. This has been consistent for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes I cannot hear the client and sometimes the client cannot hear me. This happens with iphones, laptops, and Androids. I have rebooted Doxy. Both clients and myself have checked all microphones. Nothing is wrong. It will take 3 to 4 reboots to have the sound come back on. I have the professional version. And this is now a serious issue.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Help us fix the problem or tell us a better company to go to.

I have been having the same problem and I’m just about ready to pull the plug on Doxy. The last 2 weeks my clients can’t hear me. My mic works fine but they can’t hear me. After spending session time trouble shooting we end up using our phones. Rescheduling a session will not fix the problem, only bring the problem to another day. Way too may issue from jump with Doxy it’s really interfering with therapeutic relationships. I promote being a telehealth provider and when potential clients call specifically looking for this service we set up our first sessions and there are tech problems it works against me. Looks bad and interferes with trust building. Highly disappointed with Doxy service so far.

I am experiencing the same problem resulting in frustrations from both sides. I plan to stay with telehealth and was thinking of upgrading to the professional Doxy, but after this experience, and hearing that others with the professional plan are also experiencing the same problem, I am conflicted as to whether I should choose another forum. Please advise if there is a solution to this problem.

I’m back with the same problem. This time only my earphones work with the microphone, but the microphone doesn’t pick up my voice when i’m not on the headphones. This is exhausting!

Im experiencing difficulty enabling both camera &microphone. I have enabled settings, I’ve trouble shots with Kaspersky. on my end all my settings show enabled. I don’t know what else to do. Does Doxy need permission to use my camera or what. I have worked on this for hours. anything else I might try? I would like to be helped by a doxy person via phone. No way to reach anyone.

I feel the same way!

Rivkah Kaufman, MS.Ed, LMHC, EMDR Trained

115 Henry Street, Suite 1F

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: 917-803-5871

Fax: 917-979-6313

rivkah@rkconnections.org

www.rkconnections.org

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged, private or confidential information. Any distribution, reading, copying, or use of this communication and any attachments, by anyone other than the addressee is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to this message) or telephone (212-661-3236) and permanently destroy or delete the original and any copy or printout of this e-mail and any attachments.

It is important to be aware that e-mail communication can be relatively easily accessed by unauthorized people and hence can compromise the privacy and confidentiality of such communication. E-mails, in particular are vulnerable to such unauthorized access due to the fact that servers have unlimited and direct access to all e-mails that go through them. Un-encrypted e-mails, such as this are even more vulnerable to unauthorized access. Please notify me, Rivkah Kaufman, if you decide to avoid or limit the use of e-mail in any way. Please do not use e-mail for emergencies or schedule changes. I prefer text messages or voicemail.