Partients cannot see 9or hear me, I can both see and hear them

Patients cannot see or hear me. I can see and hear them.This is not a problem on other platforms. Happening past few weeks.

3 Likes

I’m also having this problem. Anyone else have any suggestions?

2 Likes

I have had the same problem for several weeks on Windows!!! I would liek some support.

2 Likes

Yes! From our mouth to G-d’s ears.

HIPAA Notification: This electronic message contains information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained herein is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message (including attachments) is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.
Note to Clients: There are inherent confidentiality risks in communicating by email. While safeguards are in place to ensure your privacy, you should not use email communication if you are concerned about any breaches of privacy that might inadvertently occur.

1 Like

I had 1 client today. They could hear and see me but I couldn’t hear or see them
They have Firefox and I have Chrome. Is the problem with the Firefox update fixed yet? My next client was fine. Good audio and video.

I have had it happen twice in last two weeks. Patients before and after were fine.

I’ve also had the problem where clients could see and hear me, by I couldn’t see or hear them. Nothing I tried resolved the problem.

1 Like

I have been having the same issue. Clients can see and hear me but I see a gray screen. It is intermittent. Is there a solution out there. This is not acceptable, correct?

1 Like

Firefox did a new release on August 25th which could be the cause of audio and video issues. This will not show up on the Precall test. Are any of you clients using the Firefox browser?

The issue appears to occur when one participant is using firefox and the other is using chrome. We are working very hard to correct this issue. You can follow the latest updates on this issue on our status page, status.doxy.me
Here is the current workaround:
Firefox 80 detailed fix w pictures.docx (200.2 KB)

1 Like

I had 2 patients that I couldn’t see or hear (just grey screen); I was on Chrome, don’t know what my patients were on. They could see and hear me. For my 3rd patient, I just used my cell phone (Safari) and it worked fine (didn’t try my computer) but not sure what my patient used. There is no way I can walk my patient through the firefox work around, it is hard enough to get the rest done.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem for a couple of weeks. Even on Chrome, which was supposed to be the fix for the lousy video and freezing. It seems there’s always something with this platform…

1 Like

I had the problem. I just got increased the speed of my internet and got a new router. I no longer experience poor connection.

I am having this same problem.

I have had this problem repeatedly. I cannot connect with pts who use Safari.
I cannot use Internet Explorer (default browser at work).
I had been able to use Firefox at home; that stopped working this week.
I have had more success when using Chrome. but that’s no guarantee.
I have to shut down all other programs in order to try to run Doxy.
I am beyond frustrated. I do not have such severe problems with other platforms.
I have talked to our IT department at work, and they state it’s a Doxy problem.
Doxy chat states it’s a problem with our in-house servers.
The FAQs on Doxy suggest rebooting when having problems; when I’m treating 7 pts a day, it’s just not practical to shut down and restart every time.
I am starting to wonder if the $35/month upgrade is worth it for a platform I cannot use, but I’m kind of stuck as my employer has chosen Doxy as the preferred platform. Is this problem just as bad for folks who use the standard (non-upgraded) doxy option?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Same problem off and on. Clients can hear and see me, but all I get is a blank screen. I am using Safari. I am not sure which browser my clients are using. I am using another platform as a backup at this time. But, yes, we lose time going back and forth trying to find a platform that will work.

1 Like

I find Firefox is most often the problem with patients not being able to see or here me. I direct them not to use Firefox and then it works great. Second is that they had a notification pop up on their device and had to reload the page.

I have tried to use Chrome. Problem is people can’t get into my waiting room. Not sure why… Have been using Firefox. Firefox worked in the past doesn’t work now.

1 Like

I use Safari. Sometimes if I have been on a Zoom call on Chrome after a Doxy call on Safari and then I want to return to Doxy the computer (without telling me) seems to have transfered my camera and/or audio to Zoom and I have to log in again to Doxy and give permission to Doxy to access audio and video and then it works fine again. That has happened multiple times.

Most of the time if this problem happens to me (even for other reasons) if I log out of Doxy and log in again (or ask the clients to do same) things seem to work just fine.

I am shopping other platforms.

2 Likes

Firefox has been the problem. I had several people who I had previously seen with no problem suddenly not being visible or have sound on my end (Chrome) although they could hear and see me. I had to revert to just talking by phone. Unacceptable.

2 Likes