Patients being tracked & fingerprinted by Doxy

One of my patients received notification from Norton antivirus that they were being tracked and fingerprinted by doxy.me. This concerns both of us greatly. Doxy support - please explain.

5 Likes

How would they be able to be fingerprinted?

1 Like

The term was part of Norton’s warning. I assume it refers to a digital fingerprint of her online activity.

Was this ever followed up on? Any more issues with security with Doxy? Even if this message does not indicate a security breach, I would have serious concerns with my patients receiving this message.

No response from Doxy yet.

Hi @helenschepartz, thank you for posting on the discussion board.

I believe Norton is giving your patient that message because it has detected “trackers” on our web pages. We do “track” certain items on the website as described in our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. For example, for patients:

If You are browsing this website as a guest

When perusing this doxy.me website as a guest:

• We use cookies and track You for various reasons that include providing a better browsing experience (for example, unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA) and tracking user behavior (knowing what pages You’ve visited).
  • No personal data are collected or requested unless You specifically wish to contact us for information (such as pricing, demonstration, or support chat).

I encourage you to reach out to us to discuss the specifics of this particular message with your patient so I know we are best addressing it. Ypu can reach out to us at support@doxy.me and if you could provide a screenshot of the message or any other data that would help us answer more specifically.

Long story short: we do track things to run the business of doxy.me (like tracking the number of people who successfully “checked in” to a waiting room. This allows us to know the service is working correctly and will alert us if check-in rates drop), and we never access or track identifiable information. Please reach out to support@doxy.me for more information.