Patients cant hear me - Firefox update

I updated firefox this morning and now patients can not hear me. Chrome works without issues

Dave

2 Likes

Hi David. Something changed under the hood with the new Firefox release (v. 80), and it isn’t functioning properly. We’re aware of this and are working hard to get an update in place soon. When we do, it will be announced to this forum. In the meantime, please use Chrome, and we would appreciate your patience.

Also, I highly recommend subscribing to email or SMS notifications from our status page. They don’t come often, but when they do, they’re usually pretty valuable. If you do that, you’ll also be notified that way when this update has been made.

1 Like

I just signed up for Doxy and also was unable to get sound from my end using Firefox. Chrome is owned by google and google has become very untrustworthy of late - so I am very hesitant to using it.

Let me know when you get it fixed with Firefox.

1 Like

I’ve been using Firefox for five months to access the site without any problem. Today my clients were not able to hear or see me although I could hear and see them. I didn’t change anything on my end prior to this happening today.
Today, Thursday, it’s still not working. I’m using a MacBook Pro. Adam, from Doxy.me Team Member, what do you suggest? When do you think Firefox will be working again?

1 Like

Same here, doxy is broken on firefox after the most recent update. Using Chrome for now. I saw there were some popup instructions on how to make doxy work with firefox for now until the issue is full resolved, but I had to start a session and didn’t copy them down and it has not popped up again. If anyone has these instructions it would be much appreciated, I believe it was a setting change in about:config.

1 Like

Here’s the message:

Hello! Some changes made in the latest release of Firefox, version 80.0, are causing problems when on a doxy.me call.

There has been a temporary workaround identified:

1. You can open your Firefox browser and search “about:config” in the url.
  2. Select Accept the Risk and Continue button on page
  3. From there you can find and update by typing in “media.peerconnection.video.use_rtx” then click the arrow toggle to switch the setting to false to resolve this issue.

If you are unable to make this update, we recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge in the meantime while this is resolved. Please check out our status page for the most up-to-date info!

1 Like

Great, thank you so much!

I am a long term Firefox user but when I followed the directions for the workaround got kicked out of doxy. Chrome refused to work as well. My tech support got Edge to work for now. I would like to know when the Firefox issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for the relist of this message. I’ve had firefox vs. doxy issues for two days now. I hope this helps.

i am tired of wating for doxy to fix this. There seems to be no communication from them. I am losing patients

1 Like

This is a relatively new problem - started earlier this week. So when I allow my patient to enter the room, they are not able to either see or hear; though I can see and hear them fine.
Please advise…

Sam Leong

1 Like

I had the same problem, as did many people I’ve seen posting here. I paid for premium support - took me 3.5 hours to get a response. Their response was multifaceted, stating my service was too slow (they recommend 15mbps upload speed while 90% of people at home have 5mbps or less), need a new OS version, blah blah. Turns out the new version of DOXY is not compatible with Firefox. I switched to Safari and it worked fine. I’ve told me clients to use Chrome or Safari and the problem went away. By the way, premium customer support does not work. Stick with the basic plan unless you need group capability and payor access for HSA cards. Square doesn’t accept many HSA cards. Hope this helps.

1 Like

doxy has been great up until firefox updated and its probably a greed issue as why they cant get it fixed after they promoted firefox

1 Like

Firefox changed something technical with their latest release, and we are working to react to that change. We don’t have someone inside Mozilla coordinating their changes with us. We hope to have a fix in place really soon.

1 Like

Today for the first time, none of my patients could see or hear me, while I was able to do so. Ran the precall test several times and seemed fine. Logged off and on the website and the computer without success. Finally quit and went to Doximity to continue my work day.
Discouraged to say the least. Any one else with the same issue? Did not have the time or the energy to seek customer support in the middle of a busy office schedule

6 Likes

I had the exact experience yesterday and tried the same things. Does anyone have a solution?

3 Likes

Inconsistent. Most calls same issue as above. Don’t know why most calls have the above a pattern while a few are fine. I just revert to the phone. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Had more problems today than ever before seeing and hearing clients who actually were able to hear and see me. Ran the precall test several times and showed no problem. Restarted the site but ran into the same problem. Had to use FaceTime after losing too much time from each session trying to remedy the situation. Seriously considering switching to another platform as this is unacceptable.

5 Likes

I had the same problem - I could see and hear clients, they only had a gray screen. This has persisted since. yesterday and is incredibly frustrating. Any ideas or work arounds besides using FaceTime.

Same problem here.
My tech oriented client invited me to a zoom meeting, and that went fine. Hopefully Doxy.me will straighten out this problem, as clearly there is more than one of us having difficulty. But it is not just Doxy.me either, because zoom had some of the same difficulties. Accepting that these are not ideal times has helped me some, and that positive attitude transfers to clients.

1 Like