Play a "troubleshooting gif" for a patient

If a patient is having a technical problem, I would like the ability to play a short troubleshooting gif animation to help the patient to visualize how to fix the problem.

I am imagining a menu of gif animations that could be sent, and I choose the best one for the situation.

Imagine something like this:
Safari iPhone:

• refresh browser
  • switch to front camera
  • switch to back camera
  • allow use of mic
  • allow use of camera

Chrome on Android Phone:

• refresh browser
  • switch to front camera
  • switch to back camera
  • allow use of mic
  • allow use of camera

Chrome computer

• refresh browser
  • allow use of mic
  • allow use of camera

After choosing the gif animation, the patient’s screen would play the chosen video on a loop, until either I or the patient pressed stop. Audio would still be enabled (if functional). (the gifs would not include sound)

Stockton from Doxy shared an example of a GIF animation for another suggestion I had, and showed how useful this concept could be. "Send a screenshot" button for tech troubleshooting Instead of Stockton spending 2 paragraphs to describe what he was talking about, he shared a simple video. I would love to have this same capability when trying to coach a patient through a tech problem.

5 Likes

I am about to drop Doxy as well. Some clients who have no problems with Zoom have many problems with `Doxy. For example, one lady zooms her AA meeting just fine. But on Doxy, we have to use the phone to talk and Doxy for visual. Makes no sense. I have used the suggestion to insure both of us are on Chrome and it is not different. I like the set up for Doxy, but it is not much good if it does not work for the client.
Rosalind

Hi There,

We are currently working on redoing all our notifications that both providers and patient see when they run into errors such as camera permissions, switching cameras, slow network speeds and more. I will absolutely pass along these GIF suggestions and see if we can include this in relation to certain troubleshooting issues. Thank you for the input and we hope to have some improvements over the next few short weeks!

2 Likes