Program has inherent Hipaa violation?

when screen sharing with patients, the next patient’s name pops up in the “waiting room”! This is a hipaa violation and needs to be immediately corrected. The app should automatically cloak the names of people in the waiting room when screen sharing. This
should be an easy fix, converting the name to “the next patient is waiting” in the waiting room and when screen sharing is ended, the patient’s name can be revealed. This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY or doctors and your company will get a massive fine. A Perry MD

1 Like

Hi Dr. Perry,

I wanted to thank you for bringing this to our attention. As you know, doxy.me is committed to the privacy of patients and dedicated to ensuring that our providers are adequately supported in their efforts to do the same thing. Upon receiving your feedback, we prioritized this issue and have already deployed the solution. You may have already noticed.

We trust this resolves your concern and the concern of other providers who may have noticed but not said anything.

We wish you the very best as you seek to provide the best care to your patients.

Sincerely,

Dr. Bryan Zitzman
Lead Product Manager
doxy.me

Thanks. What was the solution?

Arthur W. Perry, MD, FACS
Plastic Surgery in NY, NJ, & CA
Adj Assoc Prof Columbia University
Clin Assoc Prof Rutgers University
Host, WOR radio’s “What’s Your Wrinkle”

Currently, it changes the names of patients in the queue to “Patient 1,” “Patient 2,” etc. It also changes their avatar from a picture of the patient, to a silhouette. Feel free to test it out.