Provider Group call (Provider#1, Provider#2, Patient)

When will you allow a provider to join another provider in an ongoing encounter (under “Clinic” plan)?

Currently having a physician extender enter as “patient” is a bit suboptimal.

2 Likes

I agree. It would be very helpful if our medical assistant could go into the room before the provider sees the patient and obtain some basic information and do a depression screen. Right now the medical assistant has to have the provider allow her in the room and medical assistant is talking while her provider is reading the charts

I also agree that this would be helpful. We currently have to send the provider that has access to doxy.me a link to join the call which is just another step.

The provider needs to grant the MA access to their room only once, then the MA will always see that provider’s patients in their own patient queue. They can pause the call when they’ve done their part, and the provider can pick it up again.

Alternatively, you can use a shared waiting room.

If this is already what you’re doing, then please clarify what it is you’d like to do differently. Because it sounds like this is exactly what you’re saying you’d like to do.

All of our patients and providers are calling from their homes. Most of the providers need interpreters and some need scribes. We are now trying to have the MA go in as the provider and manage the waiting room. The provider comes in like a patient. When the provider , patient and interpreter are in the waiting room the MA lets everyone in. Also this approach allows the MA to ask the patient any pre visit questions. Providers then focus on the patient issues and reviewing the EMR and not worry about managing doxy technology

Also it is easier for MA to manage dropped calls this way. The interpreters are always getting dropped

Most of our patients are using their phones for doxy so it is difficult to have them calling in to the MA at the same timd

Is this still work-around with the MAs working for you? Have you changed anything to make it work better? Do you have a workflow that outlines how you do this that you could post?