Scratchy sound for first 30 seconds of every session

Every time I start a session with a patient, the sound (when they speak) is extremely scratchy and it’s impossible to hear what they are saying. This goes away after 15-45 seconds. Why does this happen? Happens with all patients.

3 Likes

Same here! It is very difficult I can’t hear and there’s a lot of wasted time!

3 Likes

For some calls this lasted up to 4 minutes and I had to abandon the doxy.me platform and ring the client to do the session over the phone.
I notice the doxy.me status page as had this listed as an issue (since Dec3) for a week. I would appreciate an update.

2 Likes

Has anyone made contact with tech support on this issue? It has become a problem with the start of nearly every call.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to figure out how to contact tech support and am having a difficult time finding out how to do so. I do use the free version, so not sure if that impacts. Continuing to have the crackling sound at the beginning of sessions and am close to abandoning doxy.me because of this.

2 Likes

I spoke to someone at Doxy about this issue today. She said it has to do with Mac OS. Said to switch from Safari to Chrome and that should resolve the issue. Anyone try this with success? Thanks.

1 Like

Nope doesn’t work. Tried different microphones and different browsers. Using chrome.
Microphone on very low
Microphone works normally with Zoom today

1 Like

I think I’m done with doxy. I switched to Chrome and now it’s not scratchy in the beginning anymore, but now I can’t hear my patients bc the sound is so garbled.

Jenny Berz, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
7 Kent Street, Suite 4
Brookline, MA 02445
617-840-9904

Please be advised that neither the confidentiality nor the immediacy of electronic mail can be assured. Therefore, electronic mail should not be used to convey clinically sensitive or urgent information. The information transmitted in this e-mail (including all attachments thereto) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any and all computers. Thank you.

| drlesley
December 17 |

• | - |

Nope doesn’t work. Tried different microphones and different browsers. Using chrome.
Microphone on very low
Microphone works normally with Zoom today

Seems to happen a lot when the client is using Safari. It’s funny, Firefox was the problem for awhile until Doxy fixed it, now it’s a Safari update seeming to cause the problem. When one of the web browsers updates Doxy is slow to get things fixed on their end.

Doxy is going to lose customers soon if this is not fixed!!!

This issue is not unique to Mac OS as I am having the same crackling issues when both my client and myself are using Windows OS.
I have had significant unpredictable inaudible calls regularly since early Dec 2020 which is making me explore other platforms. This would be a hugely disappointing transition for myself and my team as we have been using the platform happily since 2018. It is deeply frustrating to see the status page listed as all systems opperational when this severely disruptive issue has persisted for so long. We are, indeed, paying for the service but needing to mute doxy.me and use the telephone for audio for over a month now.
Doxy.me staff, are you working on resolving this, or should we assume this is the way things will be on your platform from here forward?
This message from the support line is inaccurate, “Audio distortions first two minutes of a call? FIXED: Patients and providers must update Safari to most recent version!”

Started having the same crackling audio for 30-120 seconds on the iPads in our office last month. Had no similar problem with a Microsoft Surface tablet, however.

Seems to have fixed it yesterday by updating the iPads to iOS 14.3. No more crackling!! :crossed_fingers:

I am having the same problem. For every telemedicine visit, first 1-2 minutes, my patient’s voice is totally garbled and scratchy and I can’t understand anything they say. Ridiculous that I have paid for the “Premium” version and get terrible sound quality! And I can’t find any phone number for technical support either! Am also considering moving to another platform for telemedicine

I have the same problem