Share Mouse Control with Clients

Is there any update as to if or when we will be able to give mouse control to our clients?

1 Like

@klopatka Hi thanks for reaching out! Pardon the questions, but I want to make sure I’m understanding your situation correctly!

1. Why do you want to give mouse control to clients?
  2. What does the client need to do?
  3. What if the client could control objects on your screen without getting access to your mouse?
  4. Would a shared whiteboard feature help you in this case? (you both see the same screen but the client can control things as well).

I want the client to be able to select things on the screen and also move things around! Thanks for asking…

Oh and how could they control things without the mouse?

We are beta testing a whiteboard feature. This would give you a blank canvas that you and your client can see on the call. You can draw or upload pictures. Your client would be able to interact with the whiteboard as if they had access to your mouse.

Let me know if you would like to try this out. I would be happy to test it with you.

So they would be able to write or draw on the whiteboard and slide pictures around? I want to know if they could move items on a power point or boom cards? Sorry I’m not super-techy so don’t know how to explain it well :slight_smile:

Kim Lopatka, MA, CCC-SLP

Community Speech Therapy, Inc.

176 Thomas Johnson Drive, Suite 203

Frederick, MD 21702

301-606-8278

*** This email, and any attached documents, may contain confidential information . If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been sent to you in error, please immediately delete the message (including any attachments). In addition, please alert the sender by replying to the email. Any dissemination, distribution, or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. ***

Allowing clients to control the mouse and therefore your computer just seems like a huge security risk which means anyone who hacks into doxy.me (and indeed the Doxy people themselves) would be able to get into your computer. I don’t think browsers really allow this - in order to do it, Doxy would have to be a stand-alone program (at least on the practitioner side). If you really wanted to give your client full control over your computer, you could use a VNC client/server program to do this but the only safe way to do it would be to run it on a dedicated computer where nothing private was ever stored.

1 Like

Hi Schuyler,

I would love to test out the whiteboard feature with you. I am open tomorrow, Weds Sept 8 between 8:00 and 10:00 EST, or anytime of Friday. Let me know what works for you.

Kim Lopatka, MA, CCC-SLP

Community Speech Therapy, Inc.

176 Thomas Johnson Drive, Suite 203

Frederick, MD 21702

301-606-8278

*** This email, and any attached documents, may contain confidential information . If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been sent to you in error, please immediately delete the message (including any attachments). In addition, please alert the sender by replying to the email. Any dissemination, distribution, or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. ***

1 Like

I sent a direct message so we can schedule a call!