Slow connections and dropped calls

This week of February 8, 2021 has been a difficult one for our Clinics use of Doxy. We’ve had more dropped calls and slower connections than ever before. We’ve tested our connections with our IT team as well as calls that have high connections in the past, but they’ve all had slow connections and dropped calls. Has anyone else experienced this at a higher than normal rate lately? I’d love to hear from you and from Doxy on what they are doing to correct or a solution to help us.

3 Likes

I have had more difficulty with choppy audio and video this week than in the past, which has been frustrating to say the least. Incidentally, I saw two of my own providers this week via Doxy, and I noticed a worse connection with one of them than usual…
-Gillian

3 Likes

Last week was horrible for dropped calls. I had to give up on Doxy and switch to phone several times. Beyond frustrating.

2 Likes

I have been using Doxy for about a year now and often have to move to a backup connection to complete patient meetings. Dropped calls, frozen calls, choppy sound, chronic problems w incompatibility between Doxy and Apple products (that shut down Doxy for over a day with the last Apple update) and various other issues have me considering other portal options.

4 Likes

Same . Using Doxy since last March and lately poor connections and have had to go to FT.

2 Likes

So many problems. I have worked with Doxy twice on these issues. Have recently tried out HIPAA compliant ZOOM with no problems. I think there is an issue intrinsic to Doxy compatibility w different (common) devises.

1 Like

I didn’t start having issues until today. I have done everything on my end to improve my connection (wifi extenders, new modem and router), yet I am again having issues with connections. At this point, I feel that my only option would be to move to a different platform.

2 Likes

Yes, a bit more choppy video/audio. Also one person who used Chrome could not hear me at all. We used cell phones for audio.

1 Like

Yes, same here. But problems have been ongoing now, and worsening this week (feb. 15).

Hello @leefandel,

I’m sorry to hear this.
Have these call issues been occurring with any providers in particular that we can investigate further? (if so, please let me know at max@doxy.me).

Doxy.me operates using peer-to-peer technology, reliant on both provider and patient having a consistently stable connection for the duration of a call. However, there are some things that can be done to help improve call quality if the network connection appears unstable.

• Reduce external device connections on your network.
  • Begin the session as an audio call and move to LD video after a short period or if the network status in your preview window indicates a good / strong connection.
  • If your home / office wifi supports it, try switching to the 5GHz frequency for your network as that can help facilitate faster data transfer speeds between your device and the router (resulting in a better session with less latency)

I just started using Doxy.me last week and have had a problem with freezing up and poor voice connections.