Sound issues and dropped connections

Continuing the discussion from NO SOUND! Clients not hearing me today 3/18/21:

I HAD THE SAME THE WEEK BEFORE YOU HAD PROBLEMS. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO HAVE SOUND AS I AM CONDUCTING ONLINE GROUPS VIA THIS “HIPAA CONGRUENT” PLATFORM. WE HAVE CONSTANT PROBLEMS WITH CLIENT CELL PHONE AND COMPUTER CONNECTIONS DROPPING.

VERY POOR PLATFORM PERFORMANCE PERHAPS DUE TO INTERNET TRAFFIC??

WE RESORT TO TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALLS.

VIDEO CONNECTION WAS THE NEXT BEST THING TO FACE TO FACE GROUPS DUE TO THE PANDEMIC.

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH QUALITY OF PLATFORM PERFORMANCE.

I had the worst sound in my last two sessions reverbs breaking up exhausting and wondering how I can do to make it better or was there a glitch or perhaps the last two pts equipment Victoria

Mine is sometimes similar. Have trouble with client’s phones dropping put of the calls and having to use audio only to connect with them…purpose defeated, no video connection for our doxy.me based groups.

Back to the platform drawing board…!!!

some of my pts talk about how much clearer zoom is

Mine too, however, not HIPAA compliant

Client phones must have the “Do not disturb” setting on before starting the call otherwise the call will drop if an incoming call, text message, or notification interrupts the doxy.me session. Then the camera/audio will not work again if they try to rejoin the call. They first must reboot their device, then turn on the DND setting, then rejoin the call. Make sure everyone is connected to reliable wifi. Hotspot/cellular data might not be strong enough for a HIPAA Compliant doxy.me session so be sure to copy & paste this speed test to your waiting room for clients to confirm their speeds are above 10 Mbps before starting their appointment. The start button will remain unresponsive if anyone’s speeds are below 2 Mbps due to inadequate Internet connection. For more information reach out to support@doxy.me. Speed tests: Speed Test by Measurement Lab

Take notes on these:
Download_____Upload_____Latency(MS)______
Minimum: 350-kbps - 2 Mbps Down/Up
Ideal: 10-25 Mbps Down/Up
Optimal: 25+ Mbps Down/Up
Latency is Good under 100ms, Best under 50ms

Dear Alicia,

Thank you for the information.

The problem with my groups is that folks can participate with smart phones as long as they turn off the video.
If they leave video turned on, their calls are repeatedly dropped, and they must click the link again to rejoin.
Some group members get so frustrated, they leave the group early.
We will phase out this program which was initiated due to the pandemic.

The dropped call problem is especially prevalent in the evening hours of 5:30pm until 7:45pm when the group
meets Monday through Thursday evenings.

We are working with folks to keep them in recovery from addictions and facilitated these groups from May 2020 to present.
Wish it had been a better fit for the current state of client access to WIFI and the internet.

Best regards,
Sara Gray