Unreliable Service

I am relatively new to doxy. Initially, I did the trial period offered by doxy and the service seemed to work fairly consistent. I then paid for a years subscription and I have had difficulty more times than not with the site since. I am at the end of wanting to continue with doxy.me because it interrupts the sessions and is time consuming trying to work out the issue which then makes me late for the next session. I am curious as to how many of other subscribers are experiencing poor connection (even though connections are reported as good by doxy when in session) but calls get dropped or other interference occurs during sessions.

1 Like

I’ve noticed when you or your client gets a call (sometimes even a text), the connection gets lost. When upload speeds get really slow during peak usage, the connection breaks. I just bought a super high speed connection to resolve this problem, we’ll see next week if it resolves. Also from another post I was involved with:

I had the same problem, as did many people I’ve seen posting here. I paid for premium support - took me 3.5 hours to get a response. Their response was multifaceted, stating my service was too slow (they recommend 15mbps upload speed while 90% of people at home have 5mbps or less), need a new OS version, blah blah. Turns out the new version of DOXY is not compatible with Firefox. I switched to Safari and it worked fine. I’ve told me clients to use Chrome or Safari and the problem went away. By the way, premium customer support does not work. Stick with the basic plan unless you need group capability and payor access for HSA cards. Square doesn’t accept many HSA cards. Hope this helps.

Thank you for you reply about connectivity. I have a paid subscription and will go to the freebie based on your comments. I am having the same issues as the new user as using doxy.me since mid March and thought that I was getting extra speed, etc w/the paid subscription. Many of my patients are not Apple users like myself and I am slowly educating them to turn their text service and phone calls off while we are in a therapy session. I am also using Safari and have a high speed internet w/ spectrum cable company. Again, many thanks for your post!

Problems here as well. Lots of grey video screens. We have 1GB fiber. Speed test for hardwired connections rarely goes below 400Mbps during ‘busy periods’, so it’s not our end. Facetime seems to work with same problematic clients, Zoom not as good as Facetime but far better than Doxy so it’s not the client end either. Something about the Doxy infrastructure implementation is not scaling well and we’re tired of waiting. Looking for HIPPA alternatives for those on Windows or Androids.

Thank you for the information. The grey screen is not due to connectivity. Firefox did a new release on August 25th which could be the cause of many audio and video issues. Are any of you clients using the Firefox browser?

The issue appears to occur when one participant is using firefox and the other is using chrome. We are working very hard to correct this issue. You can follow the latest updates on this issue on our status page, status.doxy.me

Clients are instructed to use Chrome as we do, and have been for some time. Perhaps Firefox is highlighting an underlying issue more frequently.

I’ve been having the exact same issue throughout today. I keep getting a grey screen where the Client can hear/see me but I can’t see/hear them. No amount of logging out or trouble shooting seems to fix the issue and I’ve had to either switch to another video platform or use the phone with Clients.

Thank you for the information. Firefox did a new release on August 25th which could be the cause of audio/video issues and normally causes a grey screen. Are any of you clients using the Firefox browser?

The issue appears to occur when one participant is using firefox and the other is using chrome. We are working very hard to correct this issue. You can follow the latest updates on this issue on our status page, status.doxy.me

Thank you for acknowledging that the gray screen (can’t see/hear client, but they see/hear you) is not a connectivity issue. You might want to update the help screens to reflect that. Yesterday I had gray screens with 2 clients I had seen in Doxy sessions many times before. One was on an ipad, so prob not Firefox. I will ask them what browser they are using if this happens again. You should really have a Doxy-written place users can check for outages, known issues, etc, rather than having to guess search terms & hunt through user posts. Glitches while growing are understandable, but when combined with poor communication and poor support this is unacceptable.

This platform has been horrible for the past few weeks for me. Either audio or visual is compromised. I have switched to different browsers, but the problem remains. It is NOT MY COMPUTER. I am subscribed to this service, but I will be seeking another platform. Burned out on fighting with this…

Unsatisfied customer

Greetings. So sorry that you are having issues. Have you reached out to customer support so that we could troubleshoot with you. Our Professional and Clinic users get live chat support and scheduled troubleshooting with them and their patients if neccesary. Would love to work with you and see what is going on. I have found for myself that now that kids have gone back to school that households are expecting multiple people to be able to be on the wifi network all at the same time and unfortunately that will not work in most cases. I have found that for the best reliability with my network that it’s best to plug directly into the router.