Using Doxy.me for remote evaluations with children

I am considering using Doxy.me for remote evaluations with children. Does anyone have any experience with this? Have you found it works if you want to observe a parent and child playing at home? I know it’s great for one to one therapy, but wonder how it does with picking up audio and video when the participants are not sitting close to the screen.
Thanks, Rachel.

Picking up audio and video would be more related to the parents’ device and accessories, I believe.
For assessment with children my biggest interruption by using Doxy.me is the lack of remote screen share, so I cannot collaboratively build a model or fill out a worksheet with the parent or child. That said, I have been able to creatively work around this. I think it really depends on you and the individuals you would be wokring with.
Max is a technician with doxy.me I would recommend for creative troubleshooting.

Thank you!
This is very helpful.

Rachel.

Dr. Rachel Toplis
Licensed Psychologist
Summit Psychological Assessment & Consultation
7710 N. Union Blvd, Suite 100A
Colorado Springs, CO. 80920
719 235 7104

Send me a secure email

At Summit we are committed to providing services with integrity and excellence to help families and children develop skills to become independent in school and in life. We specialize in comprehensive Neuroeducational Evaluations and Individualized Support Plans that are developed through meaningful and targeted assessment and consultation. Our philosophy is to rule out differential diagnoses, identify an individual’s strengths and areas of need and consult with parents to help them best advocate for their child.

http://summitpac.net

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.