Waiting room configuration at different times

It would be very helpful to be able to have certain features appear/disappear in the waiting room at different times. For example, my scheduling staff will occasionally schedule me for two in-person new patient visits in a row (these tend to run over, especially when the staff makes a mistake and gives them a too-short visit slot), followed by a telemedicine visit. I would like the waiting room text to add “Please be patient, I will likely be late for my 1:00 visit” at 12:45 and have that disappear at 1:15 or so. Currently the only way to do this is manually, and if I’m seeing an in-person visit I don’t even have Doxy on the screen in that room.

Thank you for posting, @142857. I will pass your feedback on to the team responsible for making improvements to the waiting room. As a workaround, I might suggest a general message in your waiting room asking patients to be patient as you transition between in-person and telemedicine visits.

Yes, I already have a generic “I might be a few minutes late” but that was from when I did all-telemedicine days. With the mix and the changing schedule (and changing schedulers) it’s often 15-30 minutes late on the one right after the transition and sometimes cascading for an hour or so. I really want a specific message on the specific day when I know the problem in advance.

Hi 142857, we have this happen on occasion and the nurse or registration staff message the patient in the waiting room. We use the clinic version, I’m not certain if the professional or free versions offer this feature. It comes in handy when needing to communicate with patients while they wait.
Carmen Zirbel, MSN, RN
Sauk Prairie Healthcare