What doesn't work like it should?

What seems like a bug, or a flaw in the interface? Let us know about unexpected problems you encounter using doxy.me, or things that just don’t seem quite right.

A post was split to a new topic: My patient can’t hear me/I can’t hear my patient

I need to speak to a doxy assistant. I have struggled and ended up paying for 2 months and never being able to speak to an assistant… HELP!?
I had a free service and the video quality was poor. But my patient and I could connect.
I upgraded to a professional account and about 50% of the time the quality was great. A significant amount of the time my patient was unable to hear me? I tried all of the usual tips etc that you recommend. Nothing helped.
I have not changed anything on my computer but again have a free account. Again the service works every time but with very poor quality video.
I want to have a paid professional service but I need for the connection to work every time? How would I fix that?
I also need to speak with an agent because I have several questions for a virtual clinic application.
I NEED TO SPEAKI WITH A HUMAN!
Thank you!
Julie https://doxy.me/counsellingonline

Is there a way to make it easier for iphone and ipad users to flip the camera? A good handful of my clientele have become very frustrated trying to flip it. Or when they flip the camera, it ultimately cuts off the video or will not load. I understand that is a connectivity issue on their end, but perhaps making it a little bit easier to access, while in the waiting room can help?

I also have a lot of difficulty when providing services to clients who are using iPads, especially using the Safari browser.

Also- sometimes people have a difficult time noticing that they received a chat notification. Might be helpful to increase the noticeability of this, such as changing the color/blinking,etc. when a message is received? It is just important for troubleshooting.

1 Like

I have switched to another telehealth program for most of my patients because doxy.me is so unreliable. There is nothing worse than being disconnected mid-session. This happened so often last week that I made the decision to switch. I still use doxy.me for a couple of my patient because they are used to it but eventually I will have them switch to the new platform also.

By the way, I have the upgraded service and pay $35.00 a month. I really do not see that i get anything for my money so will go back to the free version.

We find that the provider sends the patient the link for waiting room. The patient clicks the link and gets to a waiting room but the provider cannot see the patient is in the waiting room

Also if a patient gets a text message during a call it seems to affect the call stability

Are there any guidelines about the bandwidth patients need to have for a successful call

I am having problems connecting to a couple who are on two separate laptop computers. First person connects fine but second one has problems with sound. Video works for all three. Tried restarting and tried syncing. Has not worked. Very frustrating

I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot. Most users are reporting great succese right now. You can message me at David@doxy.me and send me the results of your test if you are having issues: networktest.doxy.me

We should be able to find out quickly why you are having issues and get things working for you!

We are certainly working on this feature! Currently there are some hurdles in how iphone programs camera devices in the web browser’s camera access that we are working hard to address!

Please send me an email with this diagnostic test that will help us determine the problem.

Patients sometimes disappear from my display while in the waiting room. Reloading my browser sometimes helps, but not always.

I had 6 doxy.me sessions today. None of them worked smoothly. Two were so lousy that we used the sticky video for visuals and talked over the phone. My clients and I refreshed or restarted multiple times. It’s unprofessional to say the least, and I’m chagrined that I’m paying for this lousy service. Zoom calls, which aren’t HIPAA compliant, are a thousand times more fluent. What is the problem with doxy? I’m about to look for an alternative, and regretting that I signed up for a year. Let’s hope tomorrow is better. This is by far the worst day I’ve had with client connections, but I’ve yet to have a seamless day of online sessions. Please tell me that you’re going to get this under control in the very near future!

1 Like

Loud typing like sounds on every call! Is someone listening to our calls? Can this be fixed? I’ve seen threads where this has been reported before.

Most of the times it takes a long time to connect. Often we can not get connection, sometimes video, sometimes voice, and sometimes both.

Hi there,

I know nothing is perfect but this seems to be a fixable problem. I am in session with a patient and suddenly the camera shuts down and when they return I cannot hear them or they can’t hear me. This happens when they get a call from someone during while they are using an iphone.I ask them to sign in again and often the audio is still disrupted. I then have to tell them to sign in again after closing all open apps.

I wish that people could get a call and hang on to the session without interference. Even if they put the phone on do not disturb or other call blocking techniques it still happens.
This seems like a fixable problem and it has been months since others have identified this.

This is the single most annoying thing about this platform and it happens for most patients on iphones at least once a session.

One of my patients who is a computer programmer looked surprised when I told him I pay for the program.

I think it would be helpful to have someone online and actively problem solving. So frustrating to read of all these common problems with few updates and rarer problem solving. Perhaps just charge everyone and upscale your services?

Invited patient today, they checked into waiting room. Before I could click they disappeared. Then popped up again 45 mins later, disappeared again before I clicked. Patient was irate and had to go to work, had to reschedule. How can we avoid this or fix it?

This just happened to me last week for the first time since mid-March. I just reloaded the page and they appeared.

This happened to me last Thursday. The patient disappeared from the waiting room but came brick in about a minute. It happened a couple of times and then we were able to connect. I always have the patient’s phone number as a back up.

I know it shouldn’t have to be this way (before someone tells me this), but I just like to get the job done, so I copy and paste my Doxy.me link in an email (or text) to each patient every evening before their appointment the next day. I don’t have these waiting room drop problems by not using the link messaging system in Doxy.me. Not sure if there is a connection between the two.