What happened to the timer?

What happened to the session timer? Starting last week it was gone. Also, it always says patient checked in <1 minute ago regardless of how long they have been waiting.
Please advise.

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

The timer is still there when on the live call, I just tested it now and can see it. Perhaps its worth a quick clearing of the cache and cookies to see if that was the cause of it not showing. Clear Cookies, Browsing History and Cache - WhatIsMyBrowser.com

As well, I do see it start at <1min but it is updating to 2 and 3 minutes as time passes.

Hi Colin,

Just as an update. I did clear everything and am still having this issue. No session timer visible on my screen and when they sign in to my waiting room, it doesn’t move beyond <1.
If you have any other thoughts about how to fix this, I’d greatly appreciate it. These features are important to my experience.

Thanks,

Tammy

Thanks Tammy,

It may be best to email support@doxy.me so we can get some information on exact browsers being use and version numbers. One quick think you can do is make sure the browser is up to date, open a new browser tab and enter www.whatismybrowser.com it will tell you if up to date and how to update it if its not current.