Which premium features do you use most? What makes them work for you, and how could they be better?

Let us know a bit about how you use these features, and anything you wish was a bit different about them. Let us know your specialty too!

1 Like

I find the SMS notifications very handy. They are instant compare with email notficiations.
Inviting patients via SMS would be more useful if we could have some way to edit the message (with a character limit of course)

1 Like

I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I use screen sharing a lot. I wish there was a way to give the child control of the screen to complete games or worksheets. I have found a work around of them opening a separate tab, and then sharing their screen with me…but this does not work on some smaller devices, and I cannot use the screen to demonstrate things to them. It would also be fun with kids to have the virtual background option. Thanks!!

3 Likes

Hi, and thank you for your response, really! That workaround is great, and not one I’ve had anybody suggest to me before. It’s the exact sort of thing we hope this forum can produce.

I understand your solution isn’t great in all situations, and something more permanent and built-in would be better. We definitely plan on rolling out more interactive features in the future, including with the screenshare tool. We will get there! In the meantime, thank you so much for your feedback!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Improved tool for viewing photos while in consultation

I regularly need to provide printed information to patients regarding a medical condition or a proposed procedure. Right now the only way I can accomplish this task is by sending the patient an email message using a web based browser or outlook because the pdf files or links cannot be stored and sent directly from my doxy account. A really nice upgrade would include a user’s ability to store a limited number of pdf documents or URL links that can be sent to the patient via email without having to leave the doxy application.

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, but is there a reason the file transfer tool and patient chat box (for the links) aren’t enough?

Actually Adam I have a very good reason for my request. When I send a file to a patient using the file transfer feature, the recipient often experiences difficulty figuring out how to handle the file and where to find it. Keep in mind that we physicians must often deal with older patients who can barely turn on a phone or laptop no less managing an incoming file. Furthermore the file that is transferred (downloaded) often disappears upon conclusion of the call. If we had an email feature within doxy to transfer information (eg. Pre procedure instructions, Info on a procedure, etc.) the file would stay in the recipient’s inbox and would not disappear after the call has concluded. Furthermore the patient could more easily share that information with friends or family if he/she needs assistance understanding that information. If the doxy file transfer feature is more functional than what I am describing, perhaps I just need more instruction on its use. Overall however I would still prefer a way to get information to a patient’s email inbox.

Thank you.

Alan R. Siegel, M.D., DABAPM

Interventional Pain Management

Tamarac, FL

954.722.6200 Phone

954.721.4200 Fax

www.AlanSiegelMD.com

I am a pediatric Speech Language Pathologist and wish there was a way to share a remote and annotation. It would allow the session to be interactive , to working on turn-taking, to allow for demonstration…increase learning. Thank you!

1 Like

I have been using Stripe for my client payments and it has been very helpful. (I’m converting my in-person office to Stripe, too.) I’d like to request that we get the ability to use the “customer” feature of Stripe in Doxy.me. This would allow the client to input their name along with their credit card information during the first session. Then, in succeeding sessions, they could just enter their name and not have to input the credit card number. This would also make it easier for me to later identify what payments are associated with what clients.

1 Like

The reason this functionality is not present is because our policy is to never store patient-identifying data on our servers. That said, we are aware of how useful this would be, and are working on a way to implement it that maintains our HIPAA-compliant status.

Stripe already has the ability to store names associated with a credit card. At this point, the vendor has to enter it. I see no reason that patients could not be offered the option of entering it themselves. The patient name would be stored by Stripe, not by Doxy.me.

I don’t think this would be a confidentiality problem, given that all credit card payments could be traced back to the patient. And patients write checks with their names on it to their doctors. Several credit card companies (including Stripe) have already integrated their systems with electronic health records.

As long as Stripe is subject to the same security regulations as a bank is, there shouldn’t be a problem. And thank you for taking confidentiality seriously!

It is not illegal to store PHI or attach it to identifiers, it just requires extra caution and security, and our policy has been simply not to store it to eliminate the risk of a breach.

I don’t think you’re actually logging into your Stripe dashboard when you process a payment through doxy.me’s interface, but rather your account info is used to push the payment info to Stripe’s servers. For this functionality to work the way you wish, the credit card info would have to be stored on our servers, and a credit card number is just as much an identifier of PHI under HIPAA as a name is.

If I’m understanding correctly the process you’re laying out, then another user has laid out steps that you might be able to use.

I really enjoy that I can edit and update my waiting room. I would also like it if there was a way to access who checked into the waiting room and when. I also use the group calls feature very often, as I have students on rotations who shadow my treatment sessions. I like the chat boxes- I wish that I could turn off the sound for it if I wanted to. I also like that I am able to see the internet connectivity of each patient, what device they are using, and what browser because this helps me to troubleshoot when there are connection issues. Overall, I love that there is no time limit and that the link is the same each time.

It would be helpful to have more ease in sharing windows/switching between tabs. And an interactive white-board or drawing feature would be amazing. Or some way to assess writing to ease set-up and clean-up of sessions for parents. I would also like it if patients could screen share without having to download anything. Not sure if this is the case but if so, I wasn’t able to figure it out.

I am a pediatric occupational therapist :slight_smile:

1 Like