White Board Functionality

Is white board functionality currently available as an add on feature or something that is being considered for doxy.me in the future? Not much came up when I searched the chat site.

Thanks,
Cathy

9 Likes

I also would love to see a whiteboard feature. Workaround of course is to use Screenshare but it is unnecessarily awkward to use.

David

6 Likes

I would like this feature as well.

Milton

3 Likes

Hi all!
This is not a feature we offer as of yet, but this is something that is on the roadmap along with other interactive tools for sessions. I don’t have a specific timeline for you currently, but we are aiming to implement this by Q3 of this year.
I will let the development team know that there is increased interest in this feature. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick response!

1 Like

I would also like to add interest for a feature like a “whiteboard,” or the ability to write on anything on a shared screen without needing to open a specific app/website. As a speech therapist, this is becoming more necessary to engage clients in sessions.

6 Likes

YES I too, an SLP need an interactive whiteboard.

2 Likes

I am a child psychiatrist and this is a tool that colleagues use with other platforms to engage with patients. Really useful for a play tool (only useful if you and patient can both “draw” on the board). Please please add as soon as possible. Young people stuck at home with minimal interaction need any tools available to keep our sessions engaging and allow our work to progress.

4 Likes

I’m a psychologist who would also like to have the Whiteboard feature ASAP. I know several clinicians who use Doxy who would like this feature, particularly while we are all doing telehealth during the pandemic.

4 Likes

I am an OT and a dyslexia tutor. I agree that a whiteboard feature would be wonderful!

1 Like

As a child psychologist, I would also urge you to expedite your white board development. With the demand for teletherapy for kids during the shelter-in-place order, this tool would be very useful and is being recommended by teletherapy experts.

3 Likes

I am a clinical psychologist and work with people with Autism. Visual tools are essential. I have been using an outside site for white board sharing with clients but would much prefer one linked directly here.

Is there a clinical chat group here for people who work with kids? I’d love to swap ideas.

2 Likes

Hooray to Cathy and all our colleagues. Sounds like we all need/use this feature. Pat thanks for letting us know you are considering this for 3rd quarter. Any chance of getting it done earlier, like end of 2nd?

1 Like

Any updates on whether this can be added sooner than Q3? Thank you.

I agree. Whiteboard would be a game changer. I feel very restricted without having one during OT sessions.

1 Like

I have a MacBook Air so I downloaded the “Paintbrush” app
My plan is to use that as my whiteboard and then all I have to do is share the screen with the client and hopefully they will be able to see what I am drawing. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet though.

I am a psychotherapist who works with children and families. I’ve upgraded to the professional version for a month, to test out screensharing. I had hoped to be able to screenshare an interactive whiteboard - especially for younger children, as well as others who need to be more physically engaged in a session. I also see the interactive whiteboard as a great activity for working together with my clients on genograms. I’m going to try to use Google Jambox as a whiteboard, but I think it will be confusing and labor-intensive (for young children, and myself, as well) switching back and forth from the doxy.me tab on Chrome (to see each other) to the Jambox tab, to edit. An interactive whiteboard feature, sooner rather than later, would be immensely useful to children and their families who are currently experiencing heightened anxiety and depression, and to those with adhd symptoms. The inclusion of an interactive whiteboard would definitely encourage me to purchase an annual subscription, and to share the usefulness of the feature in my online professional forums and in my (currently virtual) peer consult groups. I very much appreciate your plans to include a whiteboard, and hope that you will consider expediting the process!